Upgrading Ant Media Server
This guide will explain how to upgrade Ant Media Server from an earlier version to latest version.
- If you have purchased a license from Ant Media, then in the downloads section of your antmedia.io account, you can download the most recent version zip file.
- In the case of Ant Media Server's Marketplace image on AWS, Azure, and Alibaba, you can send an email to email@example.com and ask for the new version zip file.
- In case of Ant Media Server Community Edition, you can download the latest version zip file from here.
After downloading the zip file, kindly follow the below steps:
1. Download the installation script
install_ant-media-server.sh shell script with the latest changes.
sudo wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ant-media/Scripts/master/install_ant-media-server.sh && sudo chmod 755 install_ant-media-server.sh
2. Run the installation script to upgrade the server
If you want to keep the settings from the previous installation, you must add the "-r true" flag at the end of the command.
sudo ./install_ant-media-server.sh -i <ANT_MEDIA_SERVER_ZIP_FILE> -r true
For change/release logs of new version, please check here.
How do I restore Ant Media Server if needed?
Last but not least, when you make a fresh installation or upgrade over an older version, the previous installation will be backed up in the /usr/local directory with a timestamp value like antmedia-backup-2022-11-18_15-42-54. Now, in order to restore the previous installation, kindly follow the below commands:
sudo systemctl stop antmedia
sudo rm -rf /usr/local/antmedia
sudo cp -p -R /usr/local/antmedia-backup_folder/ /usr/local/antmedia
sudo chown -R antmedia:antmedia /usr/local/antmedia/
sudo systemctl start antmedia