Disclaimer: No purchase is necessary in order to participate in Ant Media Hackathon. A purchase or a payment of any kind will not increase your chances of winning. Void Where Prohibited. By participating in the Real-time Streaming Hackathon, you agree to these Terms and Conditions.
The 4th Real Time Streaming Hackathon is a call to developers and multidisciplinary profiles around the world to create an interactive streaming application to promote and leverate the Ant Media usage.
Real Time Streaming Hackathon – Create streaming applications/plugins with the Ant Media Server.
The Hackathon will bring together talented developers, coders, and multidisciplinary profiles, to compete in an online hackathon to develop new features to the Ant Media platform so that such solutions can be part of their digitalisation journey.
Organizer & Prize Provider
Organizer (the “Organizer”) and Prize Provider (the “Prize Provider”): Ant Media, 2196 Third Ave, PMB 20065, New York, NY 10035 USA, (hereinafter collectively the “Organizer”). Organizer is the prize provider.
Dates And Timing
The Hackathon will start on the 5.12.2023 and will end on the 14.01.2024 with the Award Ceremony.
- Initial registration period // 5th of December at 11:00am GMT+3
- Live session – Pre-Event // 18th of December 2023 at 18:00pm GMT+3
- Hackathon Day #1 Q&A with Mentors // 8th of January 18:00pm GMT+3
- Project submission deadline // 14th of January 12:00pm GMT+3
- Demo presentation & judging period // 14th of January 14:00pm GMT+3
- Award ceremony // 14th of January at 15:00pm GMT+3
Participation Is Allowed To
- teams up to 5 participants or individuals;
- residents of any of these following countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, The Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Costa Rica, Cote d’Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor (Timor-Leste), Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, North, Korea, South, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Federated States of, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar (Burma), Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican City (Holy See), Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Register on antmedia.io/hackathon
- Form a team by bringing your own teammates or join solo
- Participate in the Hackathon by completing the milestones that will be announced during the Hackathon
- Win up to $5,000 in prizes
Hackathon Finalists must submit proposals that have a certain degree of completion in terms of code and/or documentation so that the jury can evaluate the potential and the benefits of the solution proposed. The more complete the solution is regarding the criteria described below in this document, the higher the scoring will be. Participants are welcome to accompany their proposals with videos or recordings if that helps to better understand their proposals.
Build streaming applications or plugins on top of Ant Media Server. Use your creativity and put together great interactive streaming mobile or web applications, plugins about any topic you may like such as chatting, IoT, data, gaming applications, the sky is the limit! (Solutions must be built on top of Ant Media Server). A starter kit is available on the antmedia.io/hackathon with all the information you need in order to get acquainted and use the AMS.
Attendees will make a presentation up to 7 mins* on the last day of the hackathon to Judges to
cover the following topics:
- What does this project do
- Explain your business plan, next step, how to promote the application
- If it is web-based application, the attendee needs to send us a WAR file
- If it is a mobile application, the attendee will send us APK file for Android, IPA file for IOS
- Applications will be owned by the attendees.
*Presentations will be recorded to be shared on social channels. (3-5 mins for demo video and 2 mins for Q&A by the Judges.)
Please provide your submission materials in English. Submissions in other languages won’t be accepted.
Ant Media has the right to use the foreground knowledge generated during the hackathon. You agree that all submissions are considered public domain.
Final Demo Selection And Presentation
Teams selected to participate in the final demo with the judges should select a speaker and inform Organizer. They will be granted access to a platform where they will make a 3 mins presentation to Judges and answer questions from them for 2 minutes. Not all the teams have a place grated to the final demo session.
Being eligible for the final demo: Completing uploading all deliverables (final presentation demo video and also WAR, IPA or APK file of your solution) in time on the google drive link that we will provide.
Jury & Criteria
An evaluation panel composed by members from Ant Media will evaluate the submissions taking into account the following criteria:
- ready to deploy, use
- proved concept (user actions need to correctly affect the stream)
- creative/innovator features
- the more interactive the better
- user-friendly UI/UX
- Open source
- Does the team have a plan for the next steps? How to promote the app.
The judges will meet after the event to deliberate and select the top 3 winners following
these criteria. In case of a tie, they will add an extra point for originality. The Organizer
reserves the right to extend the winners’ announcement time.
- 1st prize: US$2,500
- 2nd prize: US$1,500
- 3rd prize: US$1,000
Prizes will be delivered via bank transfer. In case the country of residence doesn’t allow cash prizes to be awarded, an amazon gift card will be provided to the team leader and he will be in charge of distributing it between the team members. The Organizer will make any special arrangements after the prizes have been distributed.
The Organizer will not award a Prize if there are no eligible Submissions entered in the Hackathon, or if there are no eligible Participants or Submissions for a specific Prize. Monetary prizes will be mailed and payable to the winning Participant’s address by the Prize Provider (as an individual). When it is not possible to receive a cash prize because of the determined laws of the country of residence, the Prize Provider will provide a voucher of the same prices valid in said country.
If the country in which you reside does not permit the transfer of prize money through the banking system or Amazon gift cards etc., we cannot take responsibility in such a situation. However, we will do our best and we can always discuss alternative methods of compensation.
Liability & Litigation
The Organizer is fully entitled to shorten, extend, modify, or cancel the Hackathon in any manner it deems fit without incurring any liability to the Participants. The Organizer is fully entitled to disqualify a Participant or a team that does not abide by these Terms & Conditions or acts in any way deemed inappropriate by the Organizer.
The Organizer shall not be responsible, and assume no liability, for (i) lost, misdirected or late submissions; (ii) electronic transmission errors; (iii) theft, destruction, change of, or unauthorized, access to submissions; (iv) technical problems, malfunctions or errors in the operation of any hardware or software which is necessary for the transmission of submissions or for the procedure of the Hackathon, including computer viruses and bugs, or for manipulations, unauthorized access, scams, overload of the Internet or a website or any combinations of these, nor for other causes not subject to the inspection by the Organizer and the respective subsidiaries and branches of the Organizer. In case any of the above should occur, the Organizer retains the right, in its sole discretion, to adjust, change, postpone or cancel the Hackathon in any manner it deems fit, or to take any other action it deems appropriate, including, without limitation, disqualifying any Participant who wrongfully causes any of the above to occur. The Organizer reserves all rights to recover damages and to take any resources that may be available to it against any such Participant. Participants who are employees of a corporation, government agency or an academic institution are responsible for ensuring that their participation complies with any policies their respective corporation, agency or institution may have regarding participation in Hackathons such as the Hackathon. If the Organizer has reason to believe that a Participant violated any such internal policies, the Organizer reserves the right to prohibit the Participant from participating in the Hackathon or receiving a prize at any time. The Organizer assumes no liability and is not responsible for any disputes arising between a Participant and his/her employer with respect to participation in the Hackathon.
This Agreement shall be governed by, performed and interpreted according to the law of the USA, without regard to choice of law or conflict of law rules. The parties establish that for any future disputes relating to the interpretation, execution or resolution of this agreement, the Court of USA will have exclusive jurisdiction.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Participants and the Organizer in connection with the Hackathon, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Court of USA.
The Organizer reserves the right to verify the validity of submissions, as well as their compliance with these Terms and Conditions, and to disqualify any Participant who interferes in any way with the entry process or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The Organizer will not accept any late or misdirected submissions. The Organizer reserves the right to cancel the Hackathon and/or cancel or amend the awards if it deems in its sole discretion that there is an insufficient number of Participants. Disqualification of any Participant who the Organizer has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions or has engaged in any unlawful or other improper conduct shall be at the Organizer’s sole discretion. The Organizer’s decision in relation to any and all aspects of the Hackathon is final and binding on every Participant and there shall be no appeal or review process for any such decision.
The Organizer is not responsible for (i) any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer or online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software or any technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, delay or error in postal service, or any combination thereof; (ii) any incorrect or inaccurate information caused by any equipment or programming associated with, or used in, this Hackathon, or any technical error, including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, mobile or satellite network failure, theft, destruction, unauthorized access or alteration of entries, or any combination thereof. The Organizer assumes no liability and is not responsible for any injury or damage to a Participant’s or any other person’s electronic device resulting from participation in this Hackathon or downloading any Data as part thereof. In the Hackathon of war, terrorism, economic sanctions, riots, fires, natural disaster or any other state of emergency or act of God, the Organizer reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Hackathon or take any other action it deems fit with respect to the Hackathon without any liability.
The results of the Hackathon will be showcased at the end of the Award Ceremony, on 14th of January at 15:00pm GMT+3
Change Of Terms And Conditions
The organizer reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions and to add and/or remove any provisions from these Terms and Conditions at any time (including before and during the Hackathon), for any reason and in any manner it deems fit.